Our professionals are here to answer your questions and offer up advice, they also provide taster sessions of which some are free, others are donations to specific causes and some have a small charge to cover the cost of materials or products used. There will be aromatherapy, lotions, potions, gifts, books, cards and more on offer – many at discounted rates during each event as well as future discount offers for those who attend.
Our Next Event is in September
What happened in our previous events...?
The reviews help to give you an idea of what you can expect from our Wellbeing Cafés in the future
Our second wellbeing cafe was on May 6th at Torpoint Council Chambers. During this event, we chatted all things health & wellbeing and taster sessions were provided by Kay Paskins of Just Be Reiki, Amanda from Pluss Positive People, Lisa from Torpoint Rowers Club, Becky from Mike Redshaw Physio, Debby & Kevin of Rogue Debby CIC and myself, Kylie of Cornish Massage. Our free cafe was provided by our local Torpoint Co-op.
- Amanda from Pluss Positive People explained what is on offer in Cornwall to help people make their life a bit easier, wellbeing courses as well as educational courses and the all important confidence building services and many more services that can be accessed for free through Pluss
- Just Be Reiki Master Kay Paskins provided taster sessions in energy healing. It was the calmest section of the Council Chambers! She also chatted all things ‘Reiki’ to those of us new to it. Kay requested donations to Luna’s Fund.
- Lisa, of the Torpoint Rowers Club chatted about skillsets gained from water-based team sports – not least of which is how to get in and out of a gig without falling in the water… much fun was had trying out the Club’s rowing machine as well.
- Becky of mikeredshaw.com provided an enjoyable free pilates session in the main hall, as well as answering questions on the benefits of physiotherapy and Pilates for wellbeing and how Pilates can help with Ante and Post-natal care.
- As Cornish Massage we offered massage taster sessions, discussed the benefits of massage for pain, injury rehabilitation, stress and tension as well as muscle-strain and keeping your body flexible. At the end of the afternoon we set up an engaging ‘How-to’ mini-facial station using NYR products.
- Rogue Debby CIC were on hand to chat about tips and tricks for living with chronic illness and mental health issues under the guise of ‘Art for Calm’ to help create a relaxing experience whilst discussing chaotic topics.
- Our first wellbeing cafe was on March 16th at our Enterprise Court treatment room. We chatted all things health & wellbeing with Becky from Mike Redshaw Physio, Debby of Rogue Debby CIC and myself, Kylie of Cornish Massage.
- Becky of mikeredshaw.com talked about understanding the benefits of physiotherapy for wellbeing, how we can strengthen muscles we didn’t know existed using pilates and, the importance of good posture and how to achieve it.
- As Cornish Massage we talked about the benefits of massage for pain, injury rehabilitation, stress and tension, we answered questions on muscle strain in the workplace and keeping your body flexible as well as offering mini-massages for arms, hands and feet.
- Rogue Debby CIC who sponsored this event, talked about living with chronic illness and answered questions on mental health and chronic illness and also provided accidental art-therapy with a focus on ‘Art for Calm’. Debby & one of the Karrots also brought the cakes, fruit and refreshments.
Mike is an experienced Physio and is a Specialist in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, having worked as Advanced Practice Physiotherapist for the NHS and private sector. Becky’s speciality is ante and post-natal Pilates as well as being a qualified mat work teacher. Both Mike & Becky have a passion for fitness, including Personal training and Pilates, running local classes.
The Pluss Positive People Programme in Cornwall is all about helping anyone who is 18 years or older and is not currently in work to move forward and make positive changes in their life. Whatever the personal circumstances, they aim to help and will work together to find the right way forward for you.
Rogue Debby CIC provide online support groups for people in isolation, living with mental health issues & chronic illness without judgement. They provide a community support hub that includes both the physical and mental symptoms in chronic health conditions instead of excluding one from the other. They use art from the edge to support people on the edge.
Torpoint Rowers Club was created by Lisa Hocking in 2017. The club aims to provide cheap and accessible rowing to all. Friendly, inclusive and community orientated. All welcome from age 8 upwards. The club enters into charitable, local and national Gig Rowing competitions and have also taken part in the World Gig Rowing Championships prior to the Covid-19 restrictions on sports.